Saturday 10 September 2011

Final day of our trip

I cannot believe that a week has already gone by. It is incredible of how much you learn in a hands on experience. This trip has been one of my favourite school trips at Selwyn House and I would do it again in a flash because I learnt so many interesting facts about marine life. I would like to thank our teacher as well as the staff there for making it such an awesome adventure.

Today, we dissected fish in the morning and presented our projects in the afternoon. I really loved dissecting my white hake fish because it was cool to see the insides of it. I did not know that the organs of fish do not take up the whole body. In fact, they take up only a small portion of the body and the rest of it is muscle. I really found the mouth of my fish interesting because it expanded so large that it could eat something as big as itself. Opening up the stomach and finding little fish skeletons inside was amazing. seeing its dark red heart and digestive system was fascinating because they are so much smaller than you think.

The presentations in the afternoon were really well done and it was amazing to see how one topic was related and linked to the other. We all put in 100% effort in our presentations and it really showed. Eating supper as a group outside on the picnic tables was enjoyable and seeing everyone run up into the dinning room when the chef told us that there was ice cream inside made me laugh.

I learnt so many interesting things about marine life on this trip and truly did appreciate the wonderful scenery around me. New Brunswick is such a unique town and the hands on activities that we did made it a lot more fun. I hope that the next group of Selwyn kids who plan on coming on this trip enjoy it as much as I did. A big thanks to Mr. Grier and Mr. Deegan for making this a super cool week.

Nikita

No comments:

Post a Comment